Friday, March 9, 2012

First Round of Tests!

So this week I had FOUR tests and I'm very happy to say I am DONE with them!!!  I must say, taking tests that are not in my native tongue is not my favorite thing.  Especially writing .......like, I know the material I'm being tested on, but when I write I sound like a kindergartener!!  I've always had pride in being a good writer, so it's a little diffcult to feel like I'm starting from square one.  But it does make me feel better to know that all my peers here feel the exact same way I do.  We are all experiencing the same frustration, so at least I'm not alone!  I keep reminding myself that I've only been here a month and I've improved so immensely in just this short amount of time already, so I will be awesome at this by the time I have to leave.

To go on a tangent, I'm gonna talk about food for a little bit.  One my professors made a comment this week that "the french don't drink their milk, we eat it!" referring to the fact that french people eat a ton of cheese and milk is pretty much nowhere to be found.  I miss milk a lot ....forget the queso, the steak, and all the mexican food, I NEED MILK.  Drinking water at every meal is quickly getting old.  Speaking of meals, here it is considered rude if you do not truly clean your entire plate.  That's right, not one crumb of bread or drop of sauce should ever be seen on your plate by the time you're done with your meal.  I try and try so so SO hard, but I have no idea how these people do it!  In America it would look really odd and rude, but I sit there for a while trying to soak and scrape up everything with my bread, but I just cannot get my plate as clean as a french person's, no matter how hard I try!!  It's truly incredible.  Everyone eats SO fast, AND they all have immaculate plates that look like they just came out of the dishwasher.  Also, cups/glasses here are insanely tiny EVERYWHERE you go!!  Restaurants and everything, their glasses are enough for like two sips.  I've been annoyed by this from day one... why can't they make bigger cups so I don't have to refill mine 30 times??!

Anyway, I'm headed to Normandy tomorrow.  I went there about 4 four years ago, so it will be interesting to see how much I remember about it. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment